Indian Institute of Crafts & Design
The Indian Institute of Crafts & Design, Jaipur was set up as an autonomous institute by the Government of Rajasthan in the year 1995 to act as a catalyst of change in the craft sector. Since October 2007, the Institute is being funded and managed by Ambuja Educational Institute (AEI) under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
The Vision of IICD is to continue to invigorate the craft sector and to become the Centre of Excellence in Crafts & Design, encouraging research and bringing new life to the languishing crafts of India.
- To lead our country into the future with the design programmes focusing on the future and techniques of handicrafts.
- To keep the uniqueness and skill of crafts alive.
- To create visibility of craftsmen in the international sector.
- To sensitize budding designers to the issues of sustainability and awareness of eco-system for which solutions are designed.
- To cater to high level training in the craft sector.
- To develop Design-Techno Managers.